Community Forum Rules
The TAA is for Toronto community is like a potluck. It's as good as what we bring to the table.
We feel it’s vital to follow a set of rules to ensure our community works effectively and in the best interest of all members.
Here are the rules of our community:
- Be kind to new members! Everyone was new once, and we all needed a little guidance.
- Try to keep the posts on-topic. If you think what you're discussing might be a separate point, start a new post and get some feedback!
- Criticism should be constructive, not offensive. Personal attacks and hate speech will not be tolerated; this includes negative comments or slurs against race, sexual orientation or gender or threats to a user’s safety.
- Persistent spamming of subforums or posts or spamming of old posts will not be tolerated.
- Avoid mentioning or tagging multiple forum members to gain more attention, as this would be considered spamming.
- Distributing personal or sensitive information about other users will not be tolerated.
- Do not spam other forum members via direct messages as well. Sending unsolicited messages to multiple members is considered spam and may result in a temporary ban or access being revoked.
- Forum Moderators may manually mark a post as closed if the topic becomes outdated.
- We reserve the right to remove content that violates TAA is for Toronto's community values.
Forum posts will be removed if:
- they contain offensive or harmful material.
- they contain personal or sensitive information about users that violate any copyrights or licenses.
User accounts will be suspended if:
- they post spam content.
- they post offensive or harmful material.
- they harass other users.
Posts may be deleted or locked if they break the above rules.